[bscolumns class=”one_half”] T hanks to everyone who came out for our annual dinner and meeting on December 9th.
A great feast was had, courtesy of our resident’s hard work and the pot luck that folks brought along. It was a good time hanging around and talking with all of our friends, and eating waaay too much.
We started the evening officially at 6:30, although those with bigger appetites came around the top of the hour. We talked and ate until about 7:45, then we got the house in order for the Speakers’ meeting at 8:00.
How it went from there:
- Frank F., our Chairman, welcomed and thanked everyone for their support this year;
- John K., a former resident of the Men’s Home, shared some of his experiences;
- Another former resident, Eric S. spoke about his experiences in the Home and his time since;
- Halftime featured a raffle hosted by our stalwart raffologist Don T.;
- Our featured speaker was none other than Randy Luster, manager of the Men’s Home. Randy shared many of his experiences; those leading up to his arrival at 402 Hume and how things had changed since his arrival.
We thank everyone who came out, it is fortunate for us that we have a community like you to call friends. Many of you contributed to the Home this year, we thank you very much for that. We couldn’t do this without you.